Skip to main content

Chicago Part II - Sporty Chic in Leather Pants & Sneakers

Leather pants, how to wear leather pants, how to style sweatpants, black and white sneakers, outfit with sneakers, kako nositi patike, kako nositi kozne pantalone, sporty chic, sportska elegancija, hm sneakers, new yorker
Pants New Yorker, sneakers H&M, cropped top Forever 21, jacket Material Girl (The Bay), cross body bag Rebecca Minkoff, scarfs H&M & Forever 21, watch Michael Kors, wrist scarf H&M, ring The Bay

Today I’m sharing with you my second outfit from Chicago. I will not share all of the outfits I wore. Honestly, we were too busy walking, having fun, laughing, enjoying the views and taking selfies (hehehe), that taking outfit pictures was not a priority. Also, as I already said in my previous post, I had not packed well enough for this trip so the outfits were not, in my opinion, the most photogenic for the blog.

This outfit today I wore for a day of shopping and eating. I wanted to wear something that comes off easily when trying on clothes in the changerooms. There is nothing worse than when you wear a cute but layered outfit that takes forever to take off. You end up getting tired from just that and it ruins your shopping day. I also needed comfortable shoes as it was another long day of walking, so I opted for these black and white H&M sneakers. I will be honest. I have been looking for black sneakers with white soles for some time. However, as I wear mostly heels, I did not want to spend $150 on a pair of sneakers that I would just wear on occasion. I came across this pair in H&M just before my trip for just $40 and thought they were perfect. They were comfortable as well.
I paired them with theses imitation leather pants or sweatpants I got back in March when I was visiting Serbia. I bought it in a store called New Yorker of which I have never heard of here in North America, so I cannot tell you much about it. It’s similar to Forever 21 for example. I love sweatpants and these ones, because of the material, are dressy enough to wear out in public. They are very cute with sneakers but can look really hot with heels. Pair it with a feminine blouse for a softer look.
I wore it with a cropped top but I pulled them high so they looked like they were high waist pants. They are actually intended to be worn more relaxed and lower on waist, but I love the fact that the style gives me options on how to wear them.
So this concludes my brief talk about Chicago trip. It was fun walking the Michigan Avenue, visiting the Bean at night, shopping, taking the boat tour, getting lost in the city, walking a marathon in heels looking for fun places to eat and drink, enjoying the pier, talking to people, riding the train and so much more.

Oh talking about the train (I’m sorry but I have to share this), Chicago is very unique. Chicago transportation system is mainly made up of trains, not subways, trains. These trains for the most part are above ground so depending where you are it may be passing you over head as you are walking or driving on the street. What is more interesting, in the downtown area or the loop, some of the lines pass between the buildings, the high-rises as well as the residential buildings (as you can see in some of the pictures below). And they are not very far from them at all. You could be sitting in your office and the train passes by you just couple of meters away. They are also pretty loud. It’s not necessarily the most appealing view but it definitely makes Chicago unique.

Ciao!

Aleksandra <3
Leather pants, how to wear leather pants, how to style sweatpants, black and white sneakers, outfit with sneakers, kako nositi patike, kako nositi kozne pantalone, sporty chic, sportska elegancija, hm sneakers, new yorker
Leather pants, how to wear leather pants, how to style sweatpants, black and white sneakers, outfit with sneakers, kako nositi patike, kako nositi kozne pantalone, sporty chic, sportska elegancija, hm sneakers, new yorker
Leather pants, how to wear leather pants, how to style sweatpants, black and white sneakers, outfit with sneakers, kako nositi patike, kako nositi kozne pantalone, sporty chic, sportska elegancija, hm sneakers, new yorker
Leather pants, how to wear leather pants, how to style sweatpants, black and white sneakers, outfit with sneakers, kako nositi patike, kako nositi kozne pantalone, sporty chic, sportska elegancija, hm sneakers, new yorker
Leather pants, how to wear leather pants, how to style sweatpants, black and white sneakers, outfit with sneakers, kako nositi patike, kako nositi kozne pantalone, sporty chic, sportska elegancija, hm sneakers, new yorker

Comments

  1. odlična ležerna kombinacija.....Chicago je divan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb post, what if I wear Leather Jackets on leather pants, will it make me beautiful and attractive or not, do let me know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this excellent post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Very First Outfit Post

        I took a few outfit pictures over the last few days, as I was running around my day and I wasn’t sure what would be the first one to post. I debated and as the days went by and weather changed (it seems every day it was a different season), I decided to go with the very first one I shot. This one I actually took last month at the High Park.   It was the last few days when you could see the cherry tree blossom so I did not want to miss out on it. I love spring only for this reason, trees and flowers blossoming. And the fact that it is a sign that the summer is just around the corner (I am still waiting for this corner though), but it is a sign.      A little nervous giggle              Sweater Costa Blanca, white tee H&M, rings, earrings, necklaces and leggings Forever 21, watch Michael Kors, bag Louis Vuitton, sneakers Urban Planet, sunglasses Ray Ban   This is a very casual outfit and very odd for me in the sense that

Sightseeing Montreal In Hot Pink Sneakers & Ripped Jeans

  Jeans & jacket Zara, sneakers Nike, shirt H&M, bag Steve Madden, sunglasses unknown, belt Danier (men's section), chain ring Forever 21, midi ring H&M, forefinger gold rings gifts    Day one in Montreal was the cocktail party and then walking the streets of old Montreal at night and testing out different patios and bars. Day two in Montreal, was again walking the beautiful streets of old Montreal and testing out patios, but now in daylight, hehehe. Oh and lets not forget, blog picture taking. I forget how beautiful this city is and am reminded every time I come back. Then, I wonder why I don't come back more often. It is gorgeous, vibrant and people are extremely warm. It has such a European flare, which I often miss, and this is a quick way for me to get that fix once in a while, without having to fly over an ocean. These pictures were snapped around St Denis street as well as around Catherdral Notre-Dame Basilica of Montréal. I was comfortable in my new N

Are You Blushing Yet?

  Heels Pour La Victoire (Winners), skinnies Nasty Gal (similar here and here ), top H&M, coat Le Chateau (old), bag H&S Handbags , rings Forever 21, watch unknown, sunglasses Ray Ban   Quite the opposite of yesterdays leather look, we are moving on today to a soft blush pink. Pink is very big this season and in particular blush or pastel pink. My first reaction was rather negative to this trend until I realized how many items I have in my wardrobe that are of that colour. So today, even my accessories are blush pink. To break it up a bit I kept the handbag and the pants winter white. What do you think? Thank you for your comments! Ciao! Danas idemo u kompletno suprotnom smeru od jucerasnjeg koznog sorca. Danas govorimo o bebi roze boji. Roza, a pogotovo bebi ili pastelno roza su itekako u trendu ove jeseni. Moja prva reakcija na ovaj trend je bila vise negativna dok nisam uvidela koliko samo komada odece i nakita imam u ovoj boji. Za danasnji outfit stavila sa

Have You Visited Positano & Amalfi Coast Yet?

Pants Zara, jacket Zara, sneakers Forever21, bag unknown (Winners), dress unknown ( similar ), ankle boots PrettyLittleThings There are still quite a few more outfits and cities I’ll be featuring on the blog from my last year’s trip to Italy, however today I’m sharing this post from the last location we visited: beautiful Positano. As we visited Italy in the fall, outfits left to share are more fall appropriate, so I will share them come September. I’ll be dealing with two little babies then so God knows how much time I will have to shoot new outfits. As I’m laying on my couch bored out of my mind counting down the days to my delivery next week (whooohoooo!!!) I’m experiencing such FOMO. Partially because I won’t be going on vacation this summer (though becoming a mom to two little girls is quite awesome!!) and partially because I’m reminiscing of my travels last year. Positano seems to still be one of the most photographed summer destinations so I’m sharing a few pictures f